Student of the Year – Rules and Regulations 2012
Contest Rules and Regulations
2012 Student of the Year Awards
1. There are a total of four (4) $1000 educational scholarships to be won, one each for the following categories: ‘Healthy Active Lifestyle’ Award; ‘Environmental Leadership’ Award; ‘Future Star’ Award and ‘Most Improved Student’ Award.
2. The ‘Healthy Active Lifestyle’ Award; ‘Environmental Leadership’ Award; ‘Future Star’ Award and ‘Most Improved Student’ Award are open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 13 years of age or younger as of January 29th, 2012.
3. Nomination criteria is as follows:
‘Environmental Leadership’ Criteria (Earth Day Canada):
- A creative writing piece you have written that describes your efforts to make the planet a cleaner, greener place.
You will be judged on: Success achieved in making your home, school and/or community more environmentally sustainable. Your efforts to inspire others to live in an environmentally friendly way.
‘Future Star’ Criteria (Big Foot):
- A short paragraph describing your past performances or experiences in public speaking as well as your plans for the future. Photos are not necessary but are welcome and will help us to see your star power in action!
You will be judged on: your past performance experiences, the confidence you exude when you take centre stage (whether it’s for singing, dancing, acting or speaking) and the passion you have for becoming a Future Star.
‘Healthy Active Lifestyle’ Criteria (Del Monte):
- -A letter describing how you prioritize health and activity in your everyday life.
You will be judged on: your commitment to health and activity in your own life as well as your encouragement of health and activity in others.
‘Most Improved Student’ (kidsworld) Criteria:
- A letter you have written describing how you have improved your grades and overall performance at school this year. Extra points will be given to those who include a reference letter from their teacher.
You will be judged on: Your account of how much you’ve improved and how you did it, as well as the recommendation from your teacher (if included).
4. Nominations, Entry Forms and supporting documents, should be sent to Canada’s Student of the Year Award c/o kidsworld Magazine, 177 Danforth Avenue, Suite 301, Toronto, Ontario, M4K 1N2. Nominations, entry forms and supporting documents can also be uploaded online at www.kidsworld-online.com.
5. All entries must include name, address, age and phone number of the nominee to be eligible. The nominee’s school name should also be included.
6. Selected winners must sign a declaration attesting to the accuracy of the nomination provided by the nominator.
7. The value of the scholarship prize is $1,000.
8. The scholarship prize can be used for post-secondary education purposes only.
9. All entries become the property of kidsworld magazine. We will only correspond with the selected entrants, by mail or telephone.
10. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, July 20th, 2012 (CONTEST CLOSING DATE).
11. The winning students will be announced in the back-to-school issues of kidsworld and Together Family magazines as well as on www.kidsworld-online.com on September 17th, 2012. A panel of judges consisting of four individuals appointed by kidsworld will have evaluated all eligible entries received on or before the CONTEST CLOSING DATE. The panel of judges will have chosen one winner from each of the above-mentioned categories. The decision of the judges is final.
12. Prizes will be awarded only to the confirmed winners. Winners will be notified by phone. If any selected winner cannot be notified or is ineligible, an alternate winner will be selected. No substitution of the prize will be allowed.
13. Awards in their entirety are intended for the selected nominees/students and not the nominators.
14. All winners will need parental consent.
15. All winners’ names (first name and last initial only) will be published in the Back-To-School issue of kidsworld magazine, Together Family magazine and their web sites (www.kidsworld-online.com, www.togetherfamily.ca). All winners will also be profiled www.kidsworld-online.com. Selected winners must allow kidsworld magazine and Together Family magazine to publish their achievements. A photograph will need to be provided once the winner is chosen. Failure to accept these conditions will render the contestant ineligible.
16. By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and consent to the use of their name (first name and last initial only), city of residence, photograph, without further compensation or permission, unless prohibited by law.
17. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal rules, and taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winners. All other costs and expenses not expressly listed as part of a prize are solely the responsibility of the winners.
18. kidsworld magazine will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, postage due, destroyed or wrongly addressed entries for any reason.
19. The winners will indemnify kidsworld magazine, MIR Communications Inc. and associated companies for any problems/injuries caused through the administration of the contest and/or use of the prizes.
20. Employees of kidsworld magazine, the advertising, promotional and judging organizations for this contest, and any subsidiaries or affiliates and any immediate family members of or persons who are domiciled with any such employees are not eligible to participate in the contest.
21. A list of prize winners may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: kidsworld magazine, 177 Danforth Avenue, Suite 301, Toronto, Ontario, M4K 1N2.
22. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
Add your comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.